“for in You the fatherless find compassion.” (Hosea 14:3)
The Nepomuceno Home for Boys had its beginning in 1963. Arnold and Carol Boich were its Founders. It was the first children’s home established by the Apostolic Christian Church Nazarene in the country of Brazil. Hope Foundation for the Protection of Children was the name under the Presbyterian Church in Nepomuceno and the leadership of the John Veiga family in prior years. It was the Veiga family who after a few years of operation sought out help from the Apostolic Christian Church to direct and support the work in Nepomuceno. The farm land of 55 acres plus two building were turned over to the American churches with only one stipulation, that the ministry with children continue. The ministry has continued for more than forty years.
- Currently there are 10 boys living in the home.
- The home is no longer raising quails due to conflict with the government, but they are still pursuing self-sufficient efforts and are raising pigs and growing and selling coffee.
- They are undergoing several construction projects to bring the home up to fire code and governmental regulations.
- The home is looking for options to better utilize their land and are possibly going to start an agricultural tech school for troubled youth.
- The after school project is still running and takes place three times a week at the home.
To visit the website hosted by the home, please click this link.
To visit the Facebook site for the home, please click this link.
To sign up for the biweekly newsletter (Nepo Prayer Link), please click this link or send a blank email to email@example.com.
- Prayer Support – You can sign up to the mailing list to get regular updates on prayer needs. Currently, they are:
- Recently, the home has been faced with many problems from the local government. Please pray for the new director, Heltton, and the team of workers as these problems arise that God would grant them much wisdom and comfort. Pray also for love as they care for these children.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment when making decisions on the future and focus of the ministry.
- Pray seeds would be planted in the hearts of all children that enter the school, whether living or participating in the after-school project. That these kids would come to know God and be transformed by Him.
- Child Tuition – Children have to pay for their tuition so please consider sponsoring a child to pay for their education.
- Clothing Boxes – Clothes can be sent to the home in boxes. The mailing address can be found on their website.
How To Help
To discuss opportunities for this cause, please contact Ninette Kuljanski.
To donate to this cause, please visit the Donations page.
To sponsor a child from this home, please visit the Sponsor A Child page.